-
July 7th, 2000, 05:17 PM
#1
Inactive Member
WHOOPEEEEEE! Best 60' ever! Best MPH ever! Best ETA ever! (for me at least) 
60': 2.220
1/4: 15.08
MPH: 90.73
I know I could've gone faster, I hopped all throughout first gear! My stock clutch (74k) is also about to be replaced with a Type R clutch.
Last time I went to the drag strip, I had a best of 87 MPH, 15.47 and 2.38. The only things changed between last time and this were suspension (KYB AGX, Eibach prokit) and a Mugen 160degree thermostat, Mugen 1.3 radiator cap and I wired a switch to turn the fan on at will.
It was bracket racing, and I took home a trophy! There were only 10 people left out of about 100+ when I broke out with my 15.08. I dialed in at 15.20. My reaction times kicked ass like usual, averaging around .600 where .500 is perfect.
A side note on the Mugen thermostat, my car is running MUCH cooler than before, at least according to the stock temp guage. When traveling on the highway, it is always a little bit below where it would sit before.
Anyhow, 14s are very possible with a LS M42 JRSC@6PSI I/H/E. Heck, I think its even possible for mid 14s!
Ok, perhaps I'm too excited about this.
-
July 7th, 2000, 05:21 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Congrats... good times.
It is nice to hear that you did well in the bracket race.
Hope you finish even better next time.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
July 8th, 2000, 05:01 PM
#3
Inactive Member
good job, I'd like to see what I'll get when mine is together.
-
July 8th, 2000, 05:14 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Finally some JRSC times from the LS camp. Congrates on your times. I just got back from the track last night in Seattle with a best of 15.7@87 with a 60 ft. of 2.34. The 60 ft is coming down so that is good. I just keep launching higher and higher. That best run was me launching at 4-4300 on the stock Michelins on 99 GSR's. Damn those tires suck. Hopefully the supercharger will knock another 1-1.5 sec off. Jackson's site says 1.5-2 sec off but 13's with an LS JRSC I think is a pipe dream with just bolt ons.
------------------
94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
AEM CAI
DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
Random Technology Cat
GReddy PE exhaust
Skunkworks Coilovers
ACT 6 Puck
Turbo Convert
Supercharger on the way?
-
July 8th, 2000, 05:43 PM
#5
Inactive Member
drivesls: whaz UP!--damn foo them is goodie times for yo hoopdee LS!--and ya snagged a trophy too--yeahhh. hey mann, where ya gets that mugen thermostat and radiator cap? how much that bullshitz be cost'n?? kool runnings, bro...
btw: fast4--yeah, yeah, them is f--k'n pipe dreams jackson be talk'n bout wid a LS P.O.S. hit'n 13s on bolt-ons--oh pleassse...
peace.
-
July 8th, 2000, 08:28 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Code: The mugen thermostat was $70, and the radiator cap was $30. They both can be bought from King motorsports. http://www.kingmotorsports.com/
-
July 8th, 2000, 11:22 PM
#7
Inactive Member
I'll be getting a JRSC soon for my LS. Maybe in 2 months.
Anyways, my friend ran a pretty good time with his JRSC'ed LS. He got a 14.39. Pretty good? He says he can do better? Who knows...
-
July 8th, 2000, 11:48 PM
#8
Inactive Member
96Integrals,
What does your friend have done to the car to get a time that low?
------------------
94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
AEM CAI
DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
Random Technology Cat
GReddy PE exhaust
Skunkworks Coilovers
ACT 6 Puck
Turbo Convert
Supercharger on the way?
-
July 9th, 2000, 06:45 PM
#9
Inactive Member
All I know is that he has the JRSC with a Tanabe Racing Medallion, CAI, Headers and partially stripped inside.
-
July 9th, 2000, 06:48 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Oh yeah, and do you know Norris from NU Image?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks